Come and See Programme
Catholic Primary Religious Education Programme
Outcome of Religious Education
The outcome of excellent religious education is religiously literate and engaged young people who have the knowledge, understanding and skills – appropriate to their age and capacity – to reflectspiritually, and think ethically and theologically, and who are aware of the demands of religiouscommitment in everyday life.’
Religious Education Curriculum Directory for Catholic Schools 2012
The following strategies and aims underpin the effective delivery of ReligiousEducation at Holy Spirit Catholic school.
- Religious education will be taught discretely and developmentally. It will include the deepening of knowledge, and understanding of key theological ideas and their application to life.
- Ample opportunities will be offered for children to apply and use their knowledge and skills in cross-curricular studies to deepen their understanding of religious truths and think creatively.
- Engagement with their own and others’ beliefs and values will help to develop good attitudes and dispositions so that children are instilled with a love of learning and a desire to go on learning.
- Engagement with difficult questions of meaning and purpose which everyone has to face will enable them to think critically about their own questions of meaning and purpose.
- Offer the children a sense of self-worth through their experience of belonging to a caring community and an awareness of the demands of religious commitment in everyday life.
Below are some comments about our performance:
KS2 Carol Service
Carol Service at St Vincent's
Here are some of the comments we have had from Parents:
"Thought it was great, fun and very different nativity. Really appreciate the work this took !"
" I thoght the play was absolutly amazing. Very suprising how much the children remembered of the play. Very very good, a great credit to the school."
"From start to finish I found it outstanding."
" A wonderful performance by all children, very well put together and you could see how much the children enjoyed it too."
Check out our EYFS Nativity Slideshow below
Check out our KS1 Slideshow below