This term we have been looking at 3d shapes and their properties. We have also been looking at multiplication by looking for arrays in our environment.
The children have been working very hard on their 2,5s and 10s times tables. Most children can now count both forward and backwards to 100. Thank you so much for all your support with this. I have been amazed that some children have got on to their three times tables. Well done!!!
In maths we are focusing on place value and the number system. We are using a new scheme called White Rose which aims to help our children master the mathematical skills necessary to become successful mathematicians.
Each week our children will be working on their times tables skills. In year 1 this involves counting in 2's, 5's, and 10's to 100. It would be fantastic if you could practise at home with your child
In the autumn term we need to be able to:
- Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10 and determine the value of each digit.
- Know what is one more and one less than any given number.
- Compare and group objects
Solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above.
Here is a link to a rap children have enjoyed in class to help them spell their numbers to 10.
- Learn to count, read and write numbers to 10
- Children could practise these games at home to develop their understanding of place value
- Place value games
- Assessing Maths Year 1