In humanities this term we will be learning all about Extreme Survival. We will be learning more about:
- How to use maps, atlases, globes and digital/computer mapping to locate areas of extreme heat and cold.
- How to explain why some areas are very cold and some very hot.
- How to describe and understand what life is like in those places for people, animals and vegetation.
- Consider how people and animals adapt to their environment to survive.
- The importance of shelter, food and clean water as the basis of survival.
In humanities this term we will be learning all about Ancient Egypt. We will be learning more about:
- The key events in Ancient Egypt and ordering these on a timeline
- Where in the wolrd Egypt is and using our map skills to locate Egypts and the surrounding countries, oceans etc
- Jobs in Ancient Egypt
- Role in society
- Who the Pharaoh was and why he was important
- Tutankhamen and his tomb
- Egyptian hieroglyphics
- The pyramids and the Sphinx