Maths - Spring 2019
IAt Holy Spirit we follow White Rose scheme which focuses on fluency, reasoning and problem solving.
In Autumn Term we will be focusing on Place value, Addition and Subtraction
All children in year 4 will be learning their times tables (x12) ready for the new test in the Summer term. Please help us with your child's maths learning by practicing their times tables with them regularly.
· Recognise the place value of each digit in a four-digit number )thousands, tens and ones)
· Recognise and be able to solve problems involving Roman Numerals
· Count backwards through zero to include negative numbers
· Order and compare numbers beyond 1000
· Find 1000 more or less than a given number
· Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
· Count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 and 1000
· Round any number to the nearest 10, 100, 1000
· Read Roman numerals to 100 and know that over time, the numeral system changed to include the concept of zero and place value.
Addition and subtraction:
We will be learning how to solve times tables questions quickly using our New Fast Maths method of learning. During our FAST MATHS sessions we try to complete as many numbers on a multiplication grid as possible whilst beating our previous time. We love it!
Here are some useful websites to help your child with their maths learning. They're fun too!
These are excellent for times table practice...