Don't forget to check out our Twitter Page - We post lots of pictures and videos of the children enjoying their learning at Holy Spirit!
Welcome to the Year 3 class page!
Our teacher is Mrs Sharrock and we also have the support of Mrs Roberts and Miss Johnson.
Welcome to Spring Term. We have already achieved such a lot in Autumn term and are really excited about the term ahead.
We can't wait to share more learning journey with you all!
Click the links below to see the exciting learning taking place in Year 3.
During our Meet The Teacher event, we gave out some key information. Click the link to download the pack.
Year 3 Learning
Come and See RE In Year 3
This term we will be learning about the Local Church, Eucharist and Lent/Easter
Local Church – Community - Journeys
Eucharist - Relating - Listening and Sharing
- Ask and respond to questions about their own and others’ experiences and feelings about listening well and sharing.
- Ask questions about what they and others wonder about the joys and difficulties of listening and sharing and realise that some of these questions are difficult to answer.
- Make links to show how feelings and beliefs affect their own and others’ desire to listen and to share.
- Compare their own and others’ ideas about the questions of how and why we listen and share and that these questions are difficult to answer.
Lent/Easer - Giving All
- Ask and respond to questions of their own and others’ experience and feelings of how people give themselves for others.
- Ask and respond to questions about the courageousness of giving and realise that some questions are difficult to answer.
- Make links to show how feelings and beliefs affect their own and others’ attitude to giving of themselves.
Homework Update!!! We will not be sending homework in books. We would like the children to read each night and record this in their reading records, practice their weekly spellings and complete Reading Plus/Lexia and TT Rockstars online. Prizes will be given out to those with the best effort with homework!
Writing in Year 3
We will be learning a range of writing skills through our class books and a range of genres. We will continue to practice our handwriting and presentation skills as well as developing our Grammar and Punctuation learning.
Spellings are very important and your child will be expected to know the Year 3/4 statutory spellings which are available to view on the link below:
Reading in Year 3
We will engage the children in a range of books and publications in order to ensure they have a good understanding of text types. Reading is a key skill and we encourage you to read with your child each day. We will be reading The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis as our class novel.
Your child can access reading learning on Reading Plus at home:
The site code is: rpholys2
Your child's username is their first name and the first letter of their surname, the password is: qwerty
Maths Learning in Year 3
- In Spring Term in Year 3 we will be learning effective methods of solving multiplication and division questions.
- We will be using these skills to learn about fractions of shapes, quantities and how to add and subtract fractions.
- We will also be learning how to calculate perimeter and area.
- Each week we will be continuing to practice our times tables in preparation for the National Multiplication Test Check which takes place in Year 4.
- Each week we will be spending one of our lessons focusing on Maths arithmetic skills.
- Click the links below to explore some excellent Maths learning websites:
- Don't forget out TT Rockstars competitions too!
Year 3 Humanities
In Humanities this term we are learning about a time way back. The time of the Ancient Egyptians will be explored through different learning mediums. We will be learning how to place events on a timeline, how the Ancient Egyptians lived and how to a canopic jar using clay. We will also be looking at maps to see where Egypt is and how the River Nile has effected its past as a settlement.
Year 3 Science
This term we will be learning about plants in Science. We will discover how plants grow, how seed dispersal helps this process to continue and how we can grow our own plants. We will be investigating how plants survive and their effect on our planet.
Year 3 Music
Year 3 will be having a weekly music lesson. We will be learning how to sing and play a percussion instrument using Charanga Music. We will be learning about tempo, pace, singing in a round and how to keep the beat using a glockenspiel. We will be learning about different musical genres such as Blues and Reggae.
Year 3 Art and DT
This term in Art we will be learning about art in plants and botany. We will use watercolours to recreate the colours of the leaves we pick from the forest as well as sketching techniques using the leaves as our focus. We will also be exploring plant art by other artists such as Van Gogh,Gustav Klimt, Monet and Mondrian.