Values, Ethos & Mission Statement
Holy Spirit is a secure, friendly and faith-centered community where we seek to realise the full potential of all our members through the living love of Christ.
All our work with children and their families, staff, governors, parishioners and the wider community is influenced by Gospel values.
Our Mission Statement
At Holy Spirit,
With Christ as our inspiration,
Our love of one another,
Love of learning
And love of life itself
We will soar to new heights.
The 7 themes of Catholic social teaching permeate through everything we do in Holy Spirit.
- The Dignity of the Human Person
- Family and Community
- Solidarity and the Common Good
- Dignity of Work
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
Live, Love, Learn
Our vision is to create a school where every child achieves through a relentless focus on high quality teaching and learning.
Ensuring all children make good or better progress in reading, writing and numeracy will be one of our core purposes. All staff will consistently and energetically use the non- negotiables which have been agreed and are in place to ensure consistency in teaching across the school. High quality CPD will ensure all staff continuously deliver high quality lessons which take account of prior learning and ensure each child makes progress regardless of ability.
Underpinning this will be:
- outstanding day-to-day assessment and marking of children’s work
- first-rate systems for tracking, identifying and celebrating children’s progress
- an exciting, relevant and inspiring curriculum
- excellent support for the needs of each child through targeted intervention to ensure children reach the expected standard and more children achieve working at greater depth.
Classrooms will be stimulating, well ordered, tidy and supportive of children’s learning. Each class will have a Maths, English and an RE display. There will also be a map on display, a history time line, spotlight on writing and a World News display. Outside the classroom humanities and science work will be displayed and a Learning Journey display which captures highlights of the school year. Children will be excited by their learning and will be keen to learn. They will enjoy lessons based on first hand experiences where reading, writing and numeracy are developed to the highest standard. The lessons will be delivered by staff that are positive, hardworking, creative and passionate about the children’s success.
Every parent/carer will be able to feel proud of their child’s/children’s achievements- and will know exactly what these are. Clear guidance will be given about the best ways to support children with learning outside of school.
All of this will be done because the children and their education will matter more than anything else. Every child will have the best possible start.
Key aims of Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School
- To be a living Christian community rooted in gospel values.
- To provide a rich education which nurtures and inspires all to learn and achieve.
- To create a harmonious partnership between our parish, homes and the wider community.
We will achieve these aims by:
- Developing moral values which lead to purposeful, fulfilled lives in harmony with others of all cultures, and we respect the belief of others within a Christian ethos.
- Promoting a safe, rich and stimulating learning environment, rooted in gospel values and inviting all learners in our community to build their lives around these values.
- Valuing and celebrating diversity, whilst working together to pursue the common good.
- Developing positive standards of behaviour which will promote the dignity and self-esteem of all learners, and encouraging children to grow in responsibility for their own safety and conduct.
- Promoting consistently high educational standards, so that all children can achieve their full uniqueness and potential, through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Encouraging independence and responsibility, for oneself and others, by building confidence in secure and happy environment.
- Promoting equal opportunities for all, showing concern and respect for others.
- Using different methods in teaching, including collaborative learning, to appreciate the value of working together.
- Providing an inclusive education so that all forms of achievement and learning styles are valued and celebrated.
- Raising standards through our planning, recording ad assessment of individual progress and setting learning targets so that all children achieve their full potential.
- Making the most efficient and effective use of all available resources.
- Promoting the effective development of all members of the school community.
- Welcoming families, parishioners and members of the wider community into school.
Together we will soar to new heights.